The Buyer is responsible for proposing short-term as well as long-term sourcing strategies for his/her category, making market intelligence and competition analysis, sourcing products, equipment and services, and managing vendors while performing procurement activities related to his/her product category for creating value for money supply base for the organization.
- Proposing short-term as well as long-term sourcing strategies for his/her category.
- Running the necessary market intelligence and competition analysis to define the best sources with the best price positioning and competitive advantages of the sourced product under his/her category
- Ensuring that procedures are complied with by internal stakeholders and suppliers.
- Identifying allocated purchasing activities to achieve best value for money by applying the five rights of purchasing and value for money criteria (Quality, Quantity, Price, Place and Time) to any purchase of goods and services.
- Developing, maintaining and improving relationships with internal stakeholders to promote effective procurement and supply.
- Preparing reports and data on the quality of goods and services supplied and taking actions with suppliers or internal stakeholders to remedy and prevent defects
- Monitoring internal and external lead times and taking actions to minimize delays and improve lead time performance.